Concrete is innately durable, and waterproof of itself if properly constructed, making it a suitable material for water storage tanks, particularly where large capacity is required.
However concrete is not invincible, and deterioration can set in due to a number of factors, including contamination introduced via the water itself. In fact, moisture-borne contamination is a very major factor in the corrosion of concrete reinforcing steel, and the resultant cracking. Unlike ‘dry’ structures, cracking is obviously a serious challenge for water containment.
So – if you are responsible for the protection and maintenance of a concrete water storage structure, you will sooner or later be assessing its deterioration for repair.
Have you considered using penetrating hydrogel treatment, for proactive maintenance, and as part of your remediation works?
AQURON 7000 is the advanced solution for concrete durability and remediation – used extensively for at-risk structures such as marine, water storage, and infrastructure.
KEY BENEFITS INCLUDE:
MORE COST EFFECTIVE THAN MEMBRANES
- …and will not deteriorate over time.
AQURON treatments are distinctly cost-effective, both immediately as compared to the cost of the equivalent membrane, and for the long-term. Because AQURON hydrogels do not break down over time and do not need to be reapplied, the treatment is extremely cost-effective for the long term.
SAFER THAN MEMBRANES —
- Concrete hydrogel treatments are induced by the use of water-borne colloidal silicate, which is extremely safe for both the environment and for the humans in the vicinity – it has nil VOCs.
- AQURON hydrogel treatments have been successfully used in and around sensitive marine environments, to avoid detrimental effects on the waterways.
- AQURON hydrogel treatments will not have any adverse effects on applicators or other personnel in the vicinity.
This factor makes Aquron the treatment of choice for water containment structures. Overspray is not an issue, as the treatment is completely safe for the environment.
EASE OF INSTALLATION —
- Fast and safe, AQURON 7000 will assist by minimizing downtime.
AQURON 7000 is ‘trafficable’ one hour after application. The process will not unduly delay other works proceeding. In certain situations, this can be a serious cost saver.
AQURON 7000 can be applied to concrete which is wet, minimizing delays.
PERMANENT PROTECTION AND DURABILITY
- Protect the structure against chlorides and other reactants – e.g. chlorinated water.
- Protect the reinforcement zone. Arrest the corrosion cycle.
Chlorides are particularly aggressive when they approach the reinforcing steel.
Other hazardous conditions eat away at the concrete matrix itself – waste-water treatment, mining treatment plants, soft water attack.
By immobilising internal moisture, and preventing the entrance of contamination, Aquron 7000 gives permanent durability protection.
Yes, permanent means permanent – there is no need for regular re-coating.
COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER TREATMENTS
- AQURON 7000 is 100% compatible with paints and coatings designed for bare concrete.
If the tank is to be painted after remediation, AQURON will not cause any delamination or bubbling issues, and will not react with the coating.
CHEAPER THAN REPLACING THE WHOLE TANK!
- One of the overwhelming benefits of Aquron hydrogel treatment is that it helps the concrete last longer.
- Moisture-borne contaminants are immobilised.
- The reinforcing steel is protected.
- Adverse reactions are arrested.
- The service life of the concrete is preserved or extended.
Say no more!
Get in touch today to discuss your particular project requirements.
It’s important to understand that each structure must be assessed individually. AQURON 7000 can boost the effectiveness of other treatments such as cementitious spall repairs, as it helps avoid Incipient Anode Formation.
AQURON 7000 induces self-healing within the concrete, for cracks up to 0.5mm. Cracks larger than this will need further treatment. Any risk of structural movement must be taken into account.